Teachers need and deserve a good laugh. I've only been teaching for six years, but in those six years I've heard some pretty funny stories. One day I'd like to sit down and compile a collection of all these funny teaching stories. Please share your funniest teaching stories because we'd all love a good laugh.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Lame as a Rob?
One day I decided to give my seniors a break because they had been working so hard, and they all had developed a nasty case of "senioritis." I decided to let them watch the newest version of "Les Miserables" in class. After the movie they were instructed to write an essay on how the French culture affected each of the main characters. One girl apparently couldn't remember how to spell the title, so she sounded it out to the best of her ability. Her final essay was entitled "Lame as a Rob." It still makes me giggle when I think of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tootheology Classes
ReplyDeleteOne day during the senior personal finance class, we were discussing the colleges in Montana, class requirements and the cost of attending the colleges. One of the colleges mentioned was Carroll College in Helena, MT which is a private college affiliated with the Catholic Church.
As we were discussing this college the general education requirements were mentioned. It was stated that every student is required to take two theology classes if they attend Carroll.
One of the students replied you have to take "tootheology" classes? Why should you have to do that? We aren't all going to be dentists!
Thanks for sharing a funny story!
ReplyDelete