Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ibuprofen

When I was pregnant with my first child, some of the girls in my sophomore English class asked me one day if I was planning on having an epidural. One of the boys raised his hand and said, "Can't you just take an Ibuprofen?"
I said, "Oh Royce. Don't ever say that to your future wife."
The girls and I got a good laugh out of it. They teased him for the entire year.

3 comments:

  1. I posted this story earlier but it never appeared, not sure what I am doing wrong...but here goes...

    On the same note of kids just not getting it, my daughter is the product of two teachers so of course this changes a child's perspective of things. For example, one fine summer day by the pool Auntie Amy commented on how much she didn't want to go to work the next day. My daughter was quiet and visibly perplexed then commented, "It's the summer, you don't work in the summer!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are both teachers too. What a cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly -
    I tried to post a message (and emailed you) that it didn't work. So I will try again. When I had my third child I asked for an epidural. When the doctor was trying to insert the needle in my back he realized I was laughing and needed to be still while he injected the needle. What he didn't see was my husband beginning to faint as he described the length of the needle that he was using!

    ReplyDelete